Life is perfect with the boys home and Anna home. It is crazy, but perfect.
Millions of thoughts and "to dos" are rushing through our heads. First, just trying to schedule the days and make sure all three are fed. :) Second, trying to think about the next steps regarding Silas and his maturing.
What I have found is that it is difficult to put into words all the emotions that were felt the first few days (and even now in silent moments) after learning that Silas has Down Syndrome. Friends have been so encouraging and we have learned we are not alone in our new journey. We received emails about friends of friends who have children with Down Syndrome. While at the hospital, a friend's sister delivered a son and like us, found out he has DS. A week later, friends called and they had friends in town visiting friends who had delivered a son at Baptist and were told he has DS. Isn't God gracious?! He has put us on this journey and introduced us to parents who have just started the same journey. He provides in all circumstances.
We met with one of the couples this past Monday. They are precious people and we look forward to living life with them as a result of Silas and their sweet son. They sent us this link of a couple in Memphis who have a son with DS. Andy is a pastor in Memphis. Their story is a little different than ours in that they knew of the DS before the birth and their son experienced complications that fortunately Silas has not. However, their words and emotions are ours...exactly! I haven't been available to speak to many of you, our dear friends. If you get a chance to watch this video, you will get a glimpse into what Jeff and I have been feeling and thinking. (it is about 10 minutes in length) Cooper's Story
We are costly to our God; we have nothing to offer Him; And He loves us completely and gave everything for us. (Andy's words)
so blessed
d
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 months ago
3 comments:
Isn't God gracious?! Gracious, indeed is HE!! I love that you could say this. God bless you all. Silas is beautiful and so is his brother Stewart. I too have fraternal twins. Joseph and Jackson were born at 36 weeks, Joseph has T21 and Jackson does not. Check out our blog at http://www.taylorvillethree21.blogspot.com
I'm glad to see that Christie dropped by to say "hi." Would you believe that her boys' birthday is on 7/1/07?
I'm glad to hear you're finding peers to walk this road with.
Thanks for posting Debra. I watched the video about Cooper...and really loved what they had to share. Can't wait to see you. I will call soon.
Post a Comment