My first time to do Starbucks and lights was Christmas 2004 with other dear friends, Mike and Rachel and baby Rose, when Jeff was in Afghanistan. It is such a good way to visit with friends during the holidays and not feel rushed and to enjoy a festive part of the holiday season. So we decided to make it an annual part of our holidays.
I don't have pictures from last night (so mad because I forgot the camera) and I would love to have pictures to go along with these favorite comments from the night.
- "wow, wow, wow, Hous can you slow down because we need to talk about what is going on over here at this house"
- "Now, they really love Christmas" (this was reserved for houses that really went all out with their decorations and it wasn't always the best design, but a great effort)
- "This house owner said 'forget lights, it is all about the inflatables'" This house had a village of the inflatable holiday characters. I've never seen anything like it. So wish I had a picture.
- "I think the kids helped with that tree" Various colors of lights that looked like they just threw them on because they had other things to do.
- "The wife did the tree and the husband did the outside using random sets of lights he found in the basement"
- "Now this one...the husband said 'honey bud light sign or the neon green runner lights?' 'Neon green lights'" Yes, neon green lights around the window while the rest of the house had white and multi lights. Again...need a picture.
And there were houses that we loved. Some of our favorites were the snowflake lights hung in trees, the old world nativity scenes, the lights that wrapped the entire outline of the trees and the beautiful swags around doors. More importantly we loved hanging out with Susan and Houston!
Merry Christmas!
Debra
2 comments:
Hi guys!!
Glad to see you have arrived in the Blogosphere. Merry Christmas!!
Rob
We missed riding around with you. We do that here, too...in Florida, its ALL about how many of those inflatables can you cram on your small front lawn. There is one house that even puts cotton balls on the lawn to make it look like snow. Rachel swears we are going to get our family photo at that one, but I'm too embarrassed to even get out of the car.
Rose loves them, though. As we ride around, she says, "Look Pearl! It's Santa!" "Look Pearl! It's Mickey!" Then it usually is followed by "Good job, Pearl!" Must be a silent conversation we can't hear...
Post a Comment