Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy Birthday, Jeffrey!


Today is his day. Some people don't like to make a big deal of their birthday. WHAT? WHY? After all, it is the day that God gave you breath, the day God's plan for you lept into action. I think that warrants a big celebration and a lot of giving thanks to God for the precious gift of life.

Jeffrey means divine peace. Divine means "proceeding directly from God" and peace means "a state of tranquillity or quiet". How very appropriate for my Jeffrey. I have only shared 5 years with this man and I see why his name is so perfect for him. I'm sure those who have lived all his life with him could give countless examples of why his name suits him.

Today I honor my husband. He brings peace to my crazy life. God knew I needed Jeffrey. He is a part of God's plan for my life and my purpose. He is strong where I am weak. He is compassionate. He is the real thing. He loves God and knows that he needs Him everyday in order to be a friend, a husband and someday a father. He fights for our marriage. He loves me when I am unloveable. He is my best friend.

Isn't it neat how our given names, unknown by our parents at our birth, are fitting to our personality and walk in life. God is amazing like that and it leaves me in awe.

Happy Birthday, Jeffrey!
love,
me

Jeffrey leaves early for work. I usually get up right as he is leaving. This morning I got up early to celebrate with Jeffrey by cooking him breakfast. Leaving early is hard. If I don't get up with him, we don't see each other until dinner. Time flies once we get home, have dinner and get ready for the next day. He said the best gift was me getting up early. Isn't he sweet??!!

No comments: